For the last week I've wanted to write about something, but didn't know what. I spent two days last week at Women's Conference and thought I should post something about what I learned. Life all week has been busy, like normal, but nothing specific has stood out. There's have been several little teaching moments, I just haven't been sure how to put all my thoughts into words. I'm still pondering on some, but I'll share a few.
1) I sang in a choir that taught me that my voice doesn't have to be the biggest or best, it just needs to be there. All of us combined together create a beautiful sound. Other aspects of life are the same.
2) Many hands make light work. Even if you don't feel like your efforts make a difference or that anyone notices them, they are missed when they are suddenly not there.
3) Looking out for the happiness of others will bring as much, but probably more, joy and satisfaction as making sure your own wants and needs are met.
4) Life gives us experiences that enlarge our souls and create the capacity to hold more JOY. I always thought it was just to help me grow up, I never really thought that it was to make me happier. If I do this life right (in general, anyway), my ability to find joy should increase at least a little bit everyday because the container can hold that much more.
5) Heavenly Father will let us know things we need to do. It's up to us to ask, listen, and then act. He's waiting to bless us and happy to do so, but will wait for us to do our part.
6) If I was the only person on earth, Christ would have still come and performed the Atonement. That's important.
7) Being a mother, and the willingness to do so, is one of the most important jobs in the entire Plan. The men hold the Priesthood that gives us the ordinances and covenants to help us return Home. Mothers hold the power to bring spirits to earth and teach them to accept those blessings in the first place.
8) "It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me, it's what he knows for sure that just ain't so." -Will Rogers
9) Joy and gratitude can be both found and expressed in the most difficult of circumstances.
10) Though both are good, working together will strengthen your family in a way that just doing fun things together can't.
More greatness...all I can say is WOW!
2 weeks ago