Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Joy Cometh in the Morning (Psalms 30:5)


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Joseph turned twelve a week and a half ago. Because his birthday fell on a Monday, he wasn't able to get a temple recommend until the following Sunday, so today was his first trip to the temple. The last couple of weeks have been nice, but this morning there was a slight dusting of snow on the ground and it was pretty chilly- all the more incentive to hurry up and get inside. It was crowded today for some reason, but it was a great morning. I loved watching Spencer play the role of big brother beautifully and direct Joseph where he needed to be. Once again, I'm so grateful that Erica wanted to start this as a weekly experience and I overrode my own hesitations and agreed. The above scripture, 3 John 1:4, has been running through my head all day. I think there may be only one joy greater- to actually be able to see it.

8 comments:

trublubyu said...

that is so cool! i want to do this with my children. what a great opportunity you have right now.

Lisa W said...

What a great expeience! Seems to make all the sacrifices that we make as mothers worth every second. I love those "payback" moments!

Mom O' Nine said...

I think the smiles on the kids' faces say it all. They have my heart smiling today.

Joy For Your Journey said...

How great is that! What a blessing to live so close to the temple as well. And what a blessing to have been given such wonderful children.

cvtippetts said...

What a neat day! They look they are glowing with happiness.

Heidi said...

Do they do baptisms before school? Wow! You have really great kids!
They really do look happy! Way to go mom!

Keith and Nicci said...

Awesome - that's gotta be sooooooo rewarding to see :).

Carrie said...

What a great experience for you and your kids! Wonderful idea.