I'm in the mood to write, but don't have really anything to say. It's kind of a strange predicament. So, we'll see what we get with a little stream of consciousness exercise.
1) Erica voluntarily sat and watched both sessions of conference today. And took notes. It was cool, but kind of strange. That's definitely a new attitude.
2) The boys only watched the few minutes of conference that we asked them to. That means all 4 watched when the the new member of the Quorum of the Twelve, Neil L. Andersen, was announced and Spencer and Joseph watch when Bro. Neider spoke to the young men and then at the Priesthood session, of course. Otherwise, they didn't interrupt us or fight once during both sessions. It was cool, but kind of strange. That, too, is definitely a new attitude. (We should have General Conference weekend more often!)
3) We watched "The Count of Monte Cristo" with the kids last night. They loved it, especially all the sword fighting and treasure.
4) The General YM Presidency was released today. Bros. Dahlquist and Burgess spoke at the YW Training that I went to earlier this week. Bro. Dahlquist finished his Virtue value three weeks before Sis. Dalton, the General YW President. Yes, that is a YW project, but I think it's great that he did it. I'm getting there, but am not done yet. Consider yourself challenged to complete it as well. Click on the link for more info.
5) We got a piece of junk mail addressed "To The Parents of" Greg today. What?! How did that happen?
6) Our mailman lives down the street. I'd ask him about the junk mail, but he doesn't address it, he just delivers it.
7) We had popcorn and tomato soup, quesadillas, and pears for dinner. Except for one child about the pears, there were no complaints. Miracle. I even heard some "yum"s and "yes!"s while I was serving it up.
8) I love watching the weather move across the valley. Today we had little falling balls of snow. Not ice or hail, snow, and I could see the sun shining farther south.
9) I should be writing a newsletter. I thought this would be faster, though, and then I could go to bed.
10) I think my Stream of Consciousness either dried up or became a Stream of Unconsciousness because that's all that is coming to mind.
Happy Saturday. Hope you have a great weekend!
A Week of Camps
1 week ago