Friday, March 12, 2010

Do You Do Voodoo?

The Witch Doctor has worked his magic.

Greg and I were on our way to our romantic evening of router shopping (or "router hunting" as Joseph put it). I wanted to demonstrate Greg that Alvin and the Chipmunks were saving our sanity by keeping the clock running and giving the CD motor a break. So, I pulled the CD all the way out. And nothing happened. Silence. The clock continued to display the time. No motor started. I put the CD in to see what would happen. Track 1 ("Bad Day"), the only one I remotely like, began playing. I hit "eject". The player obeyed, with normal results. I put it in again. Track 1 again began playing. We listened to the whole thing. Track 2 (original "Christmas Don't Be Late") started. We quickly hit "eject". Normal results. Weird. I'm thinking it has something to do with tracks 5 and 15- two different versions of "Witch Doctor". Maybe there's some magic in the music.

We thought about heading home and just laying the CD on top of the router for awhile. Would lightening strike twice? We were practically to our first stop and opted for reality over superstition. We did find a router at an ok price and the laptop is now back in business. The DS still won't connect, but neither parent is going to lose sleep over that one. Still, if your electronics are out of whack, let us know. You're welcome to borrow Alvin. You just never know...

3 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

That is funny! I will keep you in mind.:-) Especially for my BYU daughter who are always having problems!

kyleandbeth said...

FYI Our CD player did that same thing for awhile in the Yukon (I think you have a GMC also). It worked intermittently for awhile longer before it finally gave out with of course my favorite CD inside. We had the same problem with the van, so now I just keep the MP3 player plugged in and the 6 CDs that are stuck in the van might just be there forever.

Carrie said...

How bizarre! Electronics - it is a love/hate relationship.